The Old Stone Church, long a downtown Cleveland landmark, has a congregation dating back to 1820. It was founded at a time when Cleveland was just a village of a few hundred people. As Cleveland has grown, The Old Stone Church has kept pace, becoming a symbol of spiritual leadership, community involvement and stability in the heart of the city.
In 1885, the window overlooking Public Square was dedicated in memory of Amasa Stone. This magnificent window was designed and executed by John LaFarge.
In 1885, the first of four Louis Comfort Tiffany windows was dedicated: “The Recording Angel.”
In 1915, a second Tiffany window, “Beside the Still Waters” was given.
“Christ Blessing Little Children,” designed by J. and R. Lamb, was added in 1920.
Another Tiffany window, “The Sower,” was dedicated in 1930.
The Old Stone Church
To view any of these photos large, just click on the image. To view them even larger, go to the set at Flickr. Click on the image, then “All Sizes”, then “Original.”